Most house owners in Leonard MI consider the air conditioner problem as an emergency situation because of the high temperature during the summer season.
So, for fixing the air conditioner problem you must hire a service provider who provides the best air conditioning services Leonard MI. In this article let us consider some of the common air conditioner problems and some maintenance steps for preventing them.
Common problems of an air conditioner:
- Leaking from the air conditioner is one of the common problems faced by most house owners. This issue in the air conditioner must be fixed as early as possible. Some of the causes of leakage from the air conditioner are excessive condensation, fault in the drain pipes of the system, coolant or refrigerant leakage. You must solve this issue in high priority because leakage problem in the air conditioner may damage the coil and the whole unit. Immediately call the service provider for AC repair services Leonard MI.
- If you are not getting enough air from the air conditioner then it may be because of the ventilation obstruction. There are many causes for this issue but the main reason is the clogged filters. If the filters are not cleaned and replaced regularly then it may affect the cooling process of the air conditioner. Cleaning and changing the air filters are very simple so it can be done on your own.
- If the air conditioner is not turning on then you must immediately check the power supply, circuit breakers and thermostat settings. Remove the cover and clean it because sometimes dust may block the air conditioner from working smoothly. The above-given reasons are the basic causes for the issue but when you look in-depth there are several other reasons for this problem in an air conditioner.
- Another common issue in an air conditioner is the frozen coil. Airflow problems can cause this issue. If you are facing this problem then check the return ducts, air filters, and supply vents for obstruction. Refrigerant leakage from the air conditioner can also create this problem.
Tips to prevent the air conditioner from problems:
Regular maintenance is one of the best ways to prevent air conditioner problems. If you are using reusable air filters then clean them every month. If you are using paper air filters then change them as advised by the service providers. Ensure that the outdoor unit and the indoor unit have enough free spaces around them. Schedule annual AC services Leonard MI.
Do not give overstrain to the air conditioning unit because it reduces the lifespan of the air conditioner and it may even end up in costly repairs or premature replacement of the air conditioner.
There are several ways to reduce the strain level in the air conditioner. Regular cleaning of the air conditioner is a simple and easy step to reduce the strain level in the air conditioner. Some of the other preventive steps that can be done to reduce the strain level are listed below:
- During the summer season increase the temperature level in the thermostat. On average, you can increase to 5 to 8 degrees and during the winter season decrease the thermostat temperature.
- For precise reading in the thermostat, the surrounding area must be free from heat-generating appliances.
- During the summer season close the windows and doors using curtains or blinds to avoid the direct heat from the sunlight.
- Try to avoid using appliances like dryers and stoves during the warmest hours of the day.
The efficiency of the unit reduces when the evaporator and the blower of the indoor air conditioning unit are not working in proper condition. For better performance of the air conditioner, proper care must be given to the indoor unit. Use a no-rinse cleaner to clean the dust from the evaporator coil.
Inspect the evaporator drains frequently and if needed remove the clogs. Keeping the unit clean will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the system.
Fixing the AC repairs on your own is very dangerous. So, if you notice any problem with the air conditioner then you must contact the AC service provider to identify and solve the issue. It is always better to prevent the system before it fails.
Call Total Heating, Cooling & Electrical experts at 248-969-9100 for more information.