A business startup is a whole package of challenges, like a fierce competition. A successful business doesn’t require you to discover or invent something new. But to imply the same ongoing idea in a more thoughtful and advanced manner that is feasible and functional.
Unrealistic expectations, the pressure of hiring a group of suitable candidates, planning, and deciding on partnerships are some parts of a business. The partnership is the essence of triumph in a business. Finance management is the core as money begets money, cyber security, and flocking in and maintaining customers are other important aspects, which can also be called challenges a startup faces.
Suppose you are looking for guidelines and some very basic but essential ideas and techniques for producing and selling t-shirts to get a hefty profit with bare minimum work and investment of your time from your spare bedroom, kitchen, or garage, then cheers! You are at the right place.
Generating your income with a smart choice of investments
The market is full of t-shirts in every imaginable print, color design, pattern, and whatnot. Now what you might be going to want to do is think and invest smartly.
This brings us to two types of technology that are highly popular in the market which are Screen Printed Transfer and Direct to Garment (DTG) printing. If you decide to go for DTG printing, consider investing in a top quality printer, such as an Epson direct to garment. This technology is phenomenal and leaves you with a non-messy and presentable t-shirt of your choice. The best part is that the entire process will be consuming 4 seconds or less.
If the garment, labor, and transfer are included, each t-shirt nearly costs you $7 per piece, which will be selling in the market at the rate of $12, so it’s a good $5 profit on each shirt.
With the manufacture of 50 t-shirts per hour, it’s a profit of $250. This is the best way to grab t shirt business opportunities. This machine is worth the investment to reap the goodness of both worlds, that is, low investment and high-profit rates.
5 Most common heat transfers for best profit rates on t-shirts
- Screen printed transfer- It is one of the most famous techniques for sales in the retail market. You will be getting the actual benefits of screen printing in the paper carriers. It’s for the same color printing.
- Heat transfer vinyl or the CAD-CUT- This transfer is for extremely low quantity and highly cost-effective work and can work with multiple colors. In the t-shirt business, you must be thoughtful in investment decisions. There are some special effects that range from glitter, reflective, foil, metallic, and many more.
- Print Cut- In this method, the print provided to you will be white or clear, and you have to purchase materials for coloring the print the way you like. The benefit here is you can use as many colors as you want while keeping the cost constant and no layering needed.
- Digital- Its a modern method and highly in fashion. A great opportunity for a startup. Now here, there is no printing, no cutting, and no masking required. So, here is less work, and you get the benefits of digital and screen printing.
- Water-based transfer technique- It’s a supreme quality printing. The print is ultra-smooth and buttery-soft to touch will hardly be affected by the wear and tear of the garment. But this will bring profit in costly clothing items like nylon jackets.
What type of method is beneficial for your startup, and how to be swift and efficient in production-?
At the start, all you want to avoid is not satisfying the customers. So to make your employees be quick in the production and yet accurate. There are two things you have to consider the garment quality and the color quantity and just meet the intersection point, and you will know what type of printing is best for this garment quality.
Designs that get profitable sales in the market
We already discussed the type of printings which you should adopt as a newbie in the t-shirt business. Now the question of trends comes in, as what is in demand right now.
- Select the niche on which you want your t-shirts to be based. After searching the niche, search on what the market is competing and go for the least competition. It allows you potential sales because of less competition.
- Select the design of your choice from numerous design inspiration websites available online. Select less intricate but unique designs like quotes, don’t forget to look for reviews before selecting.
With all the essentials mentioned, there is one very important thing. Save yourself from copyright allegations because then your brand and products will be in a negative light. Due to this, your products will not be promoted in the market organically. So just be creative and mindful while producing a t-shirt and make it as unique and close to your brand or style motto as possible.