The art of adornment goes back to the prehistoric man who used crude materials like flowers, beads, wood, shell, bone, stone, etc. With time the materials used in the making changed to ivory, copper, and then to precious metals like silver, gold embellished with precious stones.
Indian jewellery is as old as the Indus Valley Civilization itself. The ruins of the civilization date back to 5000 years and have yielded many types of jewellery. The cave paintings of Ajanta, Konark temples, Sanchi sculptures all showcase men and women wearing jewellery.
The temples in South India, Bengal, Orissa also present a plethora of examples of the jeweller’s art. Be it a king or a commoner everyone used jewellery back then, although nothing much has changed. As jewellery still remains a big part of our lifestyle.
Jewellery in ancient times was not only used for adornment but was also used as a protection against mystical forces. Gemstones like navaratna or nine gems, each sacred to a certain planet, was and still are worn in a particular order to this day for the same reason.
And Indians have always regarded gold and silver as something auspicious and no ceremony is complete without it. Traditional dance forms like Bharatnatyam or Kathakali, Odissi, or Kathak use elaborate jewellery made of gold and silver or gold plated silver.
Why choose Miorah?
With an extensive collection that covers gold, diamond, designer and silver jewellery, Miorah’s designs are unmatchable. Our eye-catching selection of jewellery will make you the centre of attraction anytime you adorn them. From bold and intricate patterns to sleek designs for a subtle look, there are countless varieties to choose from.
Our jewellery is designed by keeping in mind the fashion choices and personalities of women. Be it a simple and sleek pair of earrings to match up your office outfit or a designer bangle to match up your saree for the festival, or an entire necklace set for the new bride to be, we have everything and our designs will never disappoint you.
Types of jewellery that Miorah offers
There are many types of jewellery that are used in India according to the occasion, festivals etc. Take a look:
- Antique Jewellery: While the term antique jewellery is used for pieces that are hundreds of years old. It is often used with the term “vintage jewellery” interchangeably but their difference lies in the time. In any case, antique jewellery is expensive and is worn as a fashion statement by people. Miorah presents a selection of antique jewellery that includes necklaces, earrings, bangles, rings and everything in between. We have a number of designs inspired by the rich heritage of India handcrafted in gold and diamonds, silver and fashion jewellery.
- Bridal Jewellery: One of the most important things for a bride on her wedding day is her jewellery. Indian bridal jewellery is the category that grabs everyone’s attention with the visual appeal of its intricate designs. However, the actual attraction lies much deeper, which is a blend of traditional and cultural attributes. Miorah’s selection of bridal jewellery enhances the beauty of every bride’s attire and makes her shine through. We understand that bridal jewellery has a special value, hence our designs echo mesmerising workmanship available in a variety of options like maangtikas, mangalsutras, bangles, necklace sets etc.
- Jadau Jewellery: Introduced by the Mughals, Jadau jewellery is still one of the most popular categories crafted in Rajasthan. Jadau jewellery usually involves a technique wherein precious gemstones like uncut polkis, diamonds, rubies, pearls, etc are embellished in the gold frames without the help of any adhesive. Miorah’s selection of Jadau jewellery is really special and would go with any Indian Ethnic wear, especially the gharara salwar suit. Our skilled artisans’ curate designs that are not only unique but jaw-dropping.
- Oxidized Silver Jewellery: One of the most popular form in the modern segment of jewellery, oxidized silver jewellery is favoured by many. Famous for its blackened look, oxidized silver jewellery is made with a surface treatment process, wherein a silver piece is dipped in a combination of sulfur and potassium sulfide. Offering one of the best selection available online, Miorah’s alluring designs are to be cherished forever. Our oxidized silver jewellery is inspired by various cultures residing in India. Be it necklaces, earrings or rings, we have everything for your every look.
- Fashion Jewellery: Also popular in names like faux jewellery, junk jewellery, fashion jewellery are basically inexpensive jewellery that is trendy but doesn’t cost much. Often made with crude metals or silver and embellished with semi-precious gemstones like American diamonds, peridots, ruby CZs fashion jewellery is mostly curated for daily wear and tear. Miorah’s range of fashion jewellery has attractive designs suitable for every occasion and outfit. We have a plethora of designs that fit every budget of yours. Our range of fashion jewellery is not only trendy and unique but are also nickel free.
- Tribal Jewellery: Miorah’s selection of tribal jewellery pays an ode to all the rural tribes of India. We have a variety of options in necklaces, earrings, rings, etc. in unique designs inspired by the rich rural heritage of India. Handcrafted by our expert artisans, we offer jewellery curated in plain silver, oxidized silver, intricate filigree work embellished with semi-precious stones. Our collection of tribal jewellery showcases a fusion of the old and the new.
The most engaging characteristic of Miorah’s collections is that our designs are highly affordable. And we are not just talking about our silver and imitation jewellery pieces, our gold and diamond jewellery pieces also begin at economical prices, something that is missing elsewhere. Our range of collections makes great gifts because of their lesser price range.
With so many variants and designs available, one should be sure to find a perfect piece. Miorah only deals in authentic jewellery, our gold and diamond pieces carry certificates of hallmark and GIA. With beautiful designs, easy returns and exchanges, free shipping secured payment gateways, Miorah is the best destination for online shopping of jewellery that suits every personality, mood and style of yours!